Organisatie: Fashion for Good
Omvang: 4 dagen per week
Do you love fashion, art, sustainability and education? The Fashion for Good Museum team is looking for an enthusiastic education coordinator to support the museum team in taking the education programme to the next level. This is a fun and exciting entry level opportunity for someone looking to develop themselves within museum education. The role is within the museum team and reports to the General Manager of the museum.
Fashion for Good Museum is the world’s first museum entirely dedicated to sustainable fashion and innovation located in the heart of Amsterdam. The museum, has a dynamic education programme focusing on primary, secondary and MBO (vocational) education with fun hands on activities all focused around the concept of sustainability in fashion, art and innovation. In this role, there is plenty of space to be part of new and exciting programmes which connect younger generations with the important story behind sustainability in fashion. In this role you will not only be engaging with students, but also helping them to understand their role in creating more sustainable practices which can be implemented in their own lives.
- Maintaining education contacts database
- Preparing and executing outreach to educational institutions
- Keeping track of education numbers together with Host Team Lead
- Training the Hosts on new educational programmes
- Leading some of the educational programmes (which includes presenting and holding small workshops)
- Giving feedback on the programmes and making improvements to the programmes.
- Keep an eye on supplies for the kids programs including the kids corner and keeping them up to date.
- Creating Dutch-English or English-Dutch translations of the different edu documents and proofread when needed (e.g. outreach emails, scripts, scavenger hunt etc.)
You have a passion for sustainable fashion and/ or art and are interested in education, either with previous teaching experience or experience leading large groups of students. You are a highly responsible, organised and social person, capable of working well within an international and dynamic team.
You preferably have experience in education, museum and/or hospitality, and possess good communication and customer service skills.
- Fluent in Dutch and English
- Living in Amsterdam (or in the area)
- Available during weekdays (4 days)
- A friendly and communicative team player
- Flexible and proactive, with a hands-on attitude
- Reliable and like to keep the space around yourself well-organised
For contact details please visit: https://fashion-for-good.homerun.co/